View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 24, 2017, 1:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
People are still really opposed to it, though. That photography page on Facebook, "Over Austin", had a nice aerial photo and some video over Mueller. I just glanced at the comments as I added mine, but one of them commented that it was "too dense". Someone else agreed. Mueller was a major let down. I sort of feel like if you're going to have single family homes that close together that you might as well at least have them be attached or just do an apartment or condo building instead. The thing that bugs me about those properties is that you still have a yard, which seems nice on the surface of it, but that means you still have yard work to do and a placed needed to store your lawn equipment, and with such a small yard it isn't practical. Unless you have the money to hire a lawn service company to come and do it for you, you're going to be stuck with a lawn mower, weed wacker, gas and other stuff to store somewhere, which will probably mean a storage shed that consumes space in what is already a small yard.
I'm moving to a denser part of the city soon but the new house (detached condo) will have a small yard. It was a requirement for me for the sanity of my dog. I'll either have real grass and trim it with an electric weed-eater or install artificial grass. So I guess my point is, even with a yard you don't have to buy/store all that stuff to take care of it (just one item for me).