View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 3, 2006, 7:28 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by good_dude
Two of us guys are interested as well (me and j.online). It sounds like something we've wished we had for a long time in 'peg. Our interests are in city planning/ urban design.

One of the key things, judging from what people are saying so far, is to have the group serve the purpose of both raising the bar with downtown design and renewal decisions (pushing an urban, livable feel), and also, like newflyer, said, attracting downtown investment (business and housing development). Design and investment need to go together in the long-run, since you don't have much a livable city without the population density to support the businesses, shops, cafes, etc.

Another key will be the partnerships we are able to form with other stakeholders in Winnipeg.
PS I like Winnipeg Urban Initiative of the names so far. I agree 'league' sounds either too much like bowling or marvel comic superheroes.

j.online has started researching different models that are out there so we can decide what elements of it would work the best for us. We propose that at some point soon, interested folks should get together and look at what model to use, what name, some basic ground rules, a mission, etc.
sounds good

do we wana meet up some time this coming week?
monday tuesday i am busy from 3-6:30
thursday i got a wpgphoto photography club thing at 7