View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 30, 2018, 11:34 PM
Everywhere all at once

Honestly, there's really probably several way better uses for this particular plot anyway. The observation wheel trend is already becoming a bit tired. Not every city needs to have one, because then they're nothing that exciting anymore.

Fortunately, another developer could very easily come in now and put up something fantastic. After all, the hard part is done - the parking complex has been rebuilt into a bunker of a garage, and to post-Sandy construction standards. Any type of development that would require covering or burying the parking can now sail past a big cost obstacle.

If I had to guess, I would imagine they'll open the outlet mall, and if it is in fact a runaway success, it would justify an expansion to the west. Perhaps a contemporary mixed-use version of a waterfront entertainment village or something, like a "seaport" district. The District Wharf in D.C. comes to mind. One thing is for sure, I wouldn't mind at all if there were a smattering more of SHoP-designed buildings flanking the ferry terminal, or even a marina.