View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 25, 2019, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post
Anyone else hearing rumours the Conservatives will call an election for June? I sure as hell hope not. No reason for it since it has only been 3 years since the last one.

I don't believe they can call an election in the fall due to the federal election. Earliest should be spring of 2020 or fall of that year.
Fall of 2020 wouldn't be them calling an election, that's when the fixed election date would be.

The PST cut this year was a clear indicator that the plan was to call an early election. Pallister is using Manitoba's 150th as a bit of an excuse as to why the election shouldn't occur next year.

Ofcourse it's strategic. NDP and Liberal parties in Manitoba haven't been able to fundraise a great deal and would be behind the 8 ball. Coupled with a relatively stronger provincial liberal party will split the left side of the vote.

As for timing I believe the federal election period kicks off mid-September so it would have to take place prior to that.