View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 11, 2020, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot Yancey View Post
If I remember correctly I believe the RFP released by the Hemisfair had some pretty lofty expectations for the PPP. Something like 1200 below grade parking spaces.. that would be like the entire area that is not the green 4 or 5 stories below grade. Think something fell through with the original but there are multiple parcels so not sure.
What I heard (who knows if it's true) is that the entire green space was going to have a garage below it plus additional parking incorporated into the new buildings. I also heard that those plans were never fully baked and that has at least contributed to this project not moving forward. I'm sure now that they're completely resetting expectations on the project with COVID going on. Who knows what the demand for hotel and office space will be after this is over. It's unfortunate that so much money has been allocated from the city to this project and it hasn't really gone anywhere. I guess that isn't unusual though, the 2017 bond is a 5 year funding cycle so we're only about half way through it. I know the Lockwood/Dignowity projects were in the same funding cycle and nothing has started there either.