View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 11, 2019, 9:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
In my generation it's even worse. The vast majority of people I know have only ever been to a maximum of 4 Canadian cities, while having been to far more US destinations.
I grew up in Kelowna, I live in Vancouver.

I've travelled to Calgary, Toronto, Montreal, and lived in St John's newfoundland.

I've never been to the prairies outside of the Calgary area.

But I've been to canada's 4 largest cities and spent enough time in them to know that the east does NOT hate the west, but I saw so much hatred of the east in Calgary when I was there that I was shouted down when I called it out. I wasn't a well liked person there when I called out the bigotry for what it was. But I can only stomach being called a greenie hippy so many times.

Is everyone in alberta like that? no, but the working class white people my mother is friends with sure were.

Nowhere else in canada I have ever been have I experienced anything like that.

I want to believe alberta isn't like this, but my experiences say otherwise, and the rise of this treasonous wexit movement throws a wrench into the that idea making it harder and harder for me to respect and appreciate alberta.

I apolagize if I come off as a jerk here, I'm angry and fed up.

Western alienation? What about BC alienation from the prairies? I'm sick of being thrown into this category. The cons only won 34% of the vote in BC, almost identical to ontario. Libs, greens, and NDP combined won over 60% of the vote, thats the story no one is speaking of. BC has joined the laurentian consensus, we don't hate Canada and western alienation does NOT exist here like it does on the prairies.