View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 23, 2015, 2:15 AM
Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBoot View Post
That would be awesome. However, over half of this (Frost) tower is still SPEC. And companies these days are preferring larger floor plates. Unless the total SF is increased (from the roughly 400,000 proposed), I believe this tower will have 20-30 levels of office space (depending on the final size of the floor plates). The tower could also rise higher by placing above ground parking under the office space.

Torre Sevilla/Cajasol (the tower depicted above) was a 1.9 million SF master development. The tower, itself, consists of 732,000 SF of space (roughly 18,000-19,000 SF floor plates). About 40% larger than the proposed Frost. So, although it is a really cool tower, and an example of PCP's work, I do not believe it is not a good representation of what Frost will (may) become...unless Weston increases the SPEC space by ~300,000 SF.
Or it could also incorporate other uses in the building. Looking at some of the other high rises designed by big firms, some of them are only tall because they also added hotel, residential, etc.

Another thing they could do, as I think CPS wants/wanted to do, is try to lure another company (or companies) with the tower making the square footage even larger. That would probably be more difficult though.