View Single Post
Old Posted May 7, 2010, 5:32 PM
The Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking View Post
^ i hear you....but this is substantial news.

it has been a crazy rumour ride but that is to be expected when everything has to be done behind closed doors because of the legalities in phoenix....its amazing that it has been able to stay as quiet as it has...

when we will look back on this we will realize that the internet broke the story 6 months before it became part of the main stream media.
Rumors of the NHL's return seems to arise quarterly in the Winnipeg blogosphere and discussion forums. It has been going on much longer than six months, more than six years even. Some people even maintain whole websites dedicated to this rumour mill (jetsowner.com, manitobamythbusters.com).

Your particular "very soon" rumour from March 2nd was notable, as you included the Richardson family - hadn't heard that variation of the rumour before. Assuming "richardson" as in the notable Winnipeg family/company. Guess we'll have to see if your particular version is correct/Richardson involvement. I'd "eat crow" if they are involved - one of the reasons I've doubted it is that hockey seems out of character for that family ("old money").