View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 12, 2016, 4:31 PM

I might be too cynical, but I could not care less how likeable Pallister is. I want a capable person at the helm. He's rich? GOOD. Then he knows how to do things, in all likelihood. He understands what needs to get done and how to do it.

You don't need to identify with everyone, you need to be smart and a smart politician knows they have to serve the electorate. As ridiculous as it is, MB wouldn't vote in a Premier who claimed to hate hockey but prefers soccer. Has nothing to do with their ability to govern, however.

In Singapore, Presidential candidates need to have been CEOs or leaders of corporations with no less than $100M of paid-up capital (and similar qualifications). Aside from the fact that this creates an establishment, it shows one thing: You have to be proven as among the most capable people in the country.

Aside from that, I find the media's complete tar-and-feathering of Bokhari to be so unbelievably hypocritical. Clearly, they're hoping to avoid a vote split with the NDP.

To tear apart another candidate to support the NDP (and their record) is completely indefensible.