View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 23, 2017, 6:16 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornbread View Post
I'm pretty sure they're mismatched only because of the angle that is shown. If they were to strictly show a side shot they most likely are aligned.
EDIT: I thought the wall on the side was uneven, but looking at the second rendering it may just be the lines. Trying to add some interest to the otherwise empty wall?

As far as the design goes, if this really happens they are taking a pretty big risk with this kind of a project in SA, so would you really expect some architectural marvel? Austin has put up so many towers and few are worth a second look, but that's expected. As long as it's not an eyesore. Does anyone really like Marriott Rivercenter?

I would agree that it will block the view of the of Tower Life building from some angles which sucks. I always don't care for solid blank walls, and it looks white which seems to be trend. It will be interesting to see if any of these recent proposals actually end up getting built. If they all did there would be 4 white towers added to the skyline.
Valid point.

No, I certainly don't like Marriott Rivercenter, but I do like Bank of America and Weston Center quite a lot, as well as The Towers at Park Lane... all similarly sized buildings in SA.

This building isn't the worst, but it's smack dab middle of the road right next to the best of the best in Tower Life. If it were a couple blocks farther away I wouldn't care so much. But such is life. At least it will add some needed height to SA's skyline.