View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 8, 2018, 2:55 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by pico44 View Post
There were well over two hundred proposals from cities across the country to attract Amazon. It looks as if New York might have been selected. You don't expect any celebration from the New York contingent? I actually feel like the celebratory posts have been quite muted considering how big a deal this potentially could be. Is it a done deal? Nope. Could they switch it up and choose Chicago? Sure I guess. But take a moment and really try to imagine what this place would be like if that happened.

(Waiting)

Awful, right?

Anyhow, we all know that being the turd in the punch bowl is kind of your thing. It's actually become somewhat endearing.

Pay no attention to that noise. Just bitter beans I suppose. I haven't followed this process in great detail, but I do know that checking on certain threads for progress in this forum was basically reading a conversation about Amazon coming to this city, or that. And now that we're actually close to the real deal, we aren't supposed to talk about it? GTFOH.

Amazon could still pull the plug. They could still decide they don't even want or need a new headquarters. Will anyone in New York lose sleep? Hell no. LIC is booming already. But it would be nice to see this take shape, for sure.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.