View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 7, 2021, 4:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTodd View Post
I moved to Columbus in 2011 (from Minneapolis). Since I moved here, there's been tremendous change within central Columbus--especially along High Street, as development has essentially connected the Short North to OSU in a virtually continuous level of density. Plus Italian Village/Jeffrey Place, Grandview Yard (in Grandview Hts), plus lots of new development in Franklinton.
The downtown core has seen some development (especially housing), but the focus of new development seems to be the periphery of downtown. I wish there was more encouragement of development within the core!
Thanks for sharing these photos! I lived in Columbus from the early nineties until 2006. The section I bolded above was true the whole time I was there! Columbus' downtown is not its competitive advantage, it's the inner-ring neighborhoods of German Village, Italian Village, Victorian Village, The Short North, etc... So much has changed since I lived there, yet it still looks like Columbus to me. Nice to see some of the old establishments still around like Elevator, Hubbards, Moy's, etc... an I can't believe you have a Canal Winchester shot! That has to be the first Canal Winchester shot on SSP. I remember watching the news in the morning when it snowed and it seemed like Canal Winchester was always one of the first school districts to cancel classes.

Last edited by LAsam; Apr 7, 2021 at 6:55 PM. Reason: Grammar