View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by park123 View Post
I live and grew up in the NY Area, and also lived in LA for a short time. I'll definitely second the comment that LA's Asian community seemed unusual to me in having very few South Asians. I'm not saying there weren't any, but much much less than what I noticed in NY/NJ and the Bay Area. I've been to Artesia's Little India, and to the Little Bangladesh in the middle of Koreatown which has no Bangladeshis. Outside of a few blocks in Artesia, there was a very limited South Asian presence.
How long ago was this, if I may ask? Again, I see Indians everywhere in Pasadena. If anything, they seem to be a growing population here. I'm often at Namaste Spiceland buying tea or even eating there on occasion. As well as the Indian market in San Gabriel. Indians seem to be everywhere where I live.

And I recently ate at a restaurant on Venice Blvd. that specializes in cuisine from Kerala. I'm telling, you, Indians, Indians, Indians!

~ Charles Bukowski

Last edited by sopas ej; Oct 9, 2019 at 9:23 PM.