View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 15, 2006, 5:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt AWACS
1 Devon will not build a 60 story tower. be happy with the pretty upgraded sign.

2 THey need to fix the ped tunnel in OKC as the whole east side is rancid and parts are still unuseable

3 While bricktown is doing great things (hell my friends 4 plex condo is coming along nicely) but the turnover is still too great. The city is going to willy -nilly with the tax abatements and does not have a cohesive system with the County on-board to even out the taxation issues. That must be fixed first

4 As I have said for years, a grocery store must come sooner rather than later, and the Gazette actually said Homeland might make it happen. Time will tell. I hope it happens, so my property values will go up.

5-the west "of the tracks" part of DT is growing slowly, which is good. The hotel bars and cafes are actually drawing more and people shuttling between the Art Museum (for example) and Bricktown at a more regular pace.
(Automobile alley is DEAD) but at least Cafe do Brasil reopened and has a great Bar upstairs (sans their liquor license issues) I hope more, similar places come along for OKCs sake.

Ciao, and Hook 'em Horns,
Capt-AWACS, Forum Alpha Breeder Male
West of the tracks resembles downtown Houston. Hobos big time. Jesus House, County Jail, Rescue Jail, etc, etc. You can call me the anti-Film District.

The city did a survey and I think they may try to lure one of Whole Food's smaller urban markets... or maybe one of HEB's urban brand. Though there aren't any suburban HEBs in OKC right now.