View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 29, 2013, 1:29 PM
New Brunswick Urbanite

Kent MacIntyre was on CBC Radio this morning talking about the development: http://www.cbc.ca/informationmorning...plans-develop/

Highlights/New Information:
- "Upwards of 4 buildings" on the site - mixed use for the majority of them. This means ground floor retail, a few floors of commercial with residential above for the most part.
- The hotel component is not yet confirmed, will depend on market conditions.
- Residential component will be a combination of condos and rentals.
- The Department of Fisheries and Oceans lease on the building(s?) continues until "mid-year 2017". Phases 1 and 2 can go forward while DFO still occupies the other portion of the site.
- Phase 1 will be a mixed-use building (retal-commercial-residential) on the northwestern portion of the site.
- Phase 2 will be another mixed-use building on the Water Street-side parking lot. He didn't specify residential for this one so this might be the phase they're considering for the hotel.
- Harbour passage to extend around the perimeter of the site.
- He mentions "density factor/buildout" several times, both here and in the paper - this seems to suggest we'll have more intensive development on the site than the Hardman proposal called for.

I know it's all due dilligence and whatnot but my god I am anxious to see this started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UptownJeff View Post
OK - someone must have some rumours on who the developer is??
It's the best kept secret in town! Anyone I've talked to either doesn't know or is vehemently tight-lipped. We know from the paper it's a Canadian developer, so my best guess would be someone out of Halifax: Armour, Fares or Southwest.