View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 14, 2016, 4:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban recluse View Post
I would like to think the will is present to not allow that to happen. Piecemeal revitalization efforts, however, must cease; collaboration must be front and centre. A good example is Leon A Brown's endeavor to transform Point Douglas, which as we all know, is connected to the Exchange. I know the firm is still working at finding the right tenants for their development, but I doubt they are receiving any assistance from Centreventure or FNPP. FNPP supports the plan, but as usual, it has decided to elongate the time to create a joint venture to "formulate a plan", insisting it must build a "roadmap", just as it is dragging its heals with parcel four development. CV and FNPP should merge to form one downtown agency dedicated to revitalize both the downtown and the periphery. Personally, if Higgins could be transformed into a version of Kansas City's Country Club Plaza, I would be thrilled.

Outside of the SHED, other areas of concern consist of the gap between the downtown and the HSC. William Avenue could become a thriving connector between the two with new three to four storey infills lining it. Bannatyne and McDermot also need attention.

Main street from Higgins (although further north too), to the Norwood Bridge is in desperate need of developments; the expansion of the museum is a great start, and could be the catalyst to spark increased developments in the area. I thought we would witness private investment changing the face of this stretch of Main when RRC finished its expansions.

Broadway is organically healthy, although the centre boulevard could use new landscaping, stonework, fountains, etc.

The area between Main Street, Higgins, Princess and William needs plenty of new developments as well.

Clearly complacency is not an option, as there is a lot of work to do. Visionaries apply within.
Looks fabulous. It looks much more sophisticated and eventful compared to our Osborne Village and Corydon.
I would welcome that kind of initiative for sure as long as we can create a demand for it, let's go for it!