View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 7, 2015, 1:40 AM
Representing the ATX!!!

I went out lastnight and was crossing Congress @ 5th and 3 cars turned as we were making our way across and it was our right away. It's very true that there are many wreckless drivers and im suprised more people aren't hit more often crossing the street but thank goodness it hasn't gotten to that point yet.

Still, the biggest issue in this city that's causing wrecks is simply wreckless driving. Common courtesy has really deteriorated and it's across the board with all kinds of drivers whether it's on the expressway or the average street. I'd go as far and say it's become worse than drunk driving since car ride companies like Uber and Lyft have really helped to drop the amount of drunk driving related incidents. Because of that drop, it's become very clear that there are a lot of people in this city who just don't care how they drive or whether they break the law and they just do it on purpose.

I say it's time to suspend licenses for bad driving much sooner like by the second offence. Tickets alone are not lessening the problem because people just don't care. They may care if they aren't allowed to drive for a few months and have to take a drivers ed course to jog their memories again about how to obay the law and drive safely.

Back to the Aloft hotel, I'm really curious how the south facing wall is going to end up looking? Could they figure out a way to lessen it's impact?