View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 26, 2009, 9:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Model View Post
San Antonio has two chances at a second skyline, thats the Medical/Crossroads area, and the North Star Mall area.
The problem with SA, is that we build to many shopping centers. Thats when zoning should take control. We want to build a Walmart, it gets built, we want to build a 10 story building, OH NO, it will ruin the community.
I hate that new shopping center Park North, that would have been a great location for the new Tesoro Complex. Also shopping center at Blanco and 410 got demolished last week. Next to Toys R US. I'm sure another shopping center or Walgreens will move in. Also some apartments across from North Star, behind Wells Fargo was demolished a few months ago. Don't know what the plan is for that land.
The Crossroads area, I say keep the mall, but build sleek high rises out in parking lot areas. Also at the corner of IH 10 and Crossroads Blvd there build another Office Max. That corner had been empty for a while, I thing old mechanic or gas station had been there years ago. Good locations goind to waste.
There are so many prime locations for high-rises around the I-10/410 intersection. Every time I drive the interchange I can imagine the potential!