View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 6, 2008, 11:56 PM
visionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags_in_the_peg View Post
add
- windmill at the forks
- horse drawn carriage rides from forks through exchange district. not wagon rides but a real nice carriage. very romantic!!! all major cities i've been too have this

some interesting ones in that list I like a lot, however

"aviation museum downtown" - this places should be by the airport where most of the aerospace companies are located. attached to the new terminal for people who have layovers or for people to visit while picking up visitors. special display can "fly in".

"practise arean for Moose" - why would they need this when tha building is sitting empty quite often.

"riverboats at the Forks" - a good chunck of the summer they cant fit under the bridges. so unless they decide to control water levels for more than flooding then this cant happen.

-Horse drawn carriages: would be great, Hopefully the city would allow that one day.

-Aviation museum:I understand what you are say about why the aviation museum should be by the aiport but my idea is tied in to the fact that I want to legislate for no more major hotel going up by the airport instead have all new major hotels downtown connected by sky train or LRT to downtown. Thus they would visite the aviation museum. Besides the airport area isn't very pedestrian friendly for one person to walk over to the old terminal once the new one is built. Besides people who come in for a visite to our city should see this museum amongst over other things that are downtown.

-Practise facility for the moose as I said could be used by the public. Besides I believe the U of W has expressed interest in having CIAU hockey team .

as well I for one would like more sports played in the arena perhaps basketball and/ or a junior hockey team of the WHL.

-Riverboats at forks: don't neccessarly mean it has to dock at the assiniboine though a new dock can be built right by provencher bridge on the red river. Though it would be nice if our new and improved floodway would do a better job ...