View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 20, 2019, 7:35 PM
Suburban dweller

Location: Calgary - our road planners are as bad as yours Edmonton
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
yes that one up by the hospital. There is still a shell downtown. Was the Nova hotel there when you were up there? they built it and just in the middle of building it the big shell project pulled out and they completed the hotel but I don't think its busy. Around that time they built 3 hotels, which is a bit too much considering how dead and hurting the town is now.
Nope, that was long past my time. I grew up there but have not been back since my mom retired and moved away 8 years ago now. The DT Shell was awesome - we used to prank call them all the time, to the point they knew it was us and went along with it because they were so bored too. Good times.

The town can't catch a break. We moved there in the late 70's when Shell was supposed to go ahead with the project the first time. It was cancelled then and the town waited almost 40 years for the second resurrection of it. Shell finally went ahead a couple of years ago but almost immediately pulled the pin when prices crashed again. My company (employer)had a contract for some of the drilling work which got pulled before it even started.

Albert Einstein