View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 8, 2008, 4:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo Flo View Post
Hello everybody,

I'm French and completely new on this forum, so if I make some mistakes while writing, please, forget them
Bienvenue, Flo Flo. Vouz parlez (et écrivez) anglais très bien!

Quote:
In fact, I have read the different subjects of the forum and I have a question concerning this one: do we know if all that new part of Dubai will be built one day or not? And is there a date for the beginning of the work?
We are not certain if all of it will get built. But, construction has already begun. Many residences and buildings have been demolished to make way for the canals, buildings and towers.

Quote:
I think it would be very nice because the Sheikh Zayed Road is currently too thin as a "city center" and all the part between the Road and the sea is definitly ugly.
Actually, the city centre (a.k.a. central business district (CBD)) is not along Sheikh Zayed Road. The CBD is in Deira and Bur Dubai (two areas of Dubai along Dubai Creek).

Sheikh Zayed Road is just the area around where most of the tall buildings get built.
I guess this is similar to La Défense and central Paris. One area is the true centre of the city while the other area just contains most of the shiny, new buildings.