View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 28, 2023, 3:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvilleron View Post
Again, I will believe it when I see it. Sort of like when pigs fly too.

They have been talking a rail line between Nashville and Clarksville for years. Is that going to happen. Probably when pigs grow wings and learn how to fly as well.

There is no cooperation between the counties & cities other than a committee that meets for regional transit. All they do is agree to meet. Nothing has come out of it but empty ideas.

Freddie O'Connell the new mayor is planning on having a transit vote for Nashville this time next year, but we do not know what that will look like yet. I do not think that will be include much rail if any for Nashville. We have to get the core fixed before any regional transit solution can work for Nashville.

As far as rail for the rest of the state, we know how that works. The state will ignore anything the feds do until the funds come in and I do not think those funds will ever come. The state can't even fix the problem interstates right now. The improve act which was supposed to fix everything is basically out of money with more projects than money with no funding mechanism in place to do the work. The interstates between Clarksville and Nashville need to be widened, the downtown loop needs to be fixed, I 65 between Nashville & Huntsville & I 24 between Murfreesboro & Chattanooga all need to be expanded. The state under Lee seems to have this obsession to 4 lane highways in Podunk County TN in hopes of bringing industry to places where there are no people, schools or hospitals they closed. These are places where the HS dropout rate is 50% and the poverty rate is below the national average and the folks are leaving in droves. Spending money in the wrong places because Lee is a wannabe farmer.: runaway:
My understanding is the federal funding of rail connection from Clarksville to Nashville was tied to Nashville's plan for local rail via Megan Barry's tenure. Basically, we'll fund $250m if you spend $5b.