View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 11, 2019, 8:48 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotToScale View Post
There is more than one way to skin a cat. I do believe best farming practices are important, but also having healthy and profitable crops. No one is more concerned about the land then farmers as they are directly tied to it. Carbon taxation I don't agree with.

Since we talk construction here, buildings/construction/demolition and the life of buildings play a much bigger role in pollutants and energy waste/consumption. I think tackling that aspect and its effect on the environment/resources should have a bigger focus in todays world.

Having more efficiently designed residential, commercial and industrial buildings closer to a passiv-haus standard could go a long way.
See that's the problem. In a fair and efficient market, you cannot effectively lower carbon emissions without a price on carbon, which is a negative externality that comes with a cost to others not involved in the transaction. You cannot believe in a fair and efficient market and want to lower carbon emissions while opposing a price on carbon. This is as fundamental as economics and human behaviour can get.

Last edited by djforsberg; Apr 11, 2019 at 9:12 PM.