View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 17, 2010, 9:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdog View Post
I don't know where this myth comes from that somehow government overly favours visible minorities. Yes, there is box where visible minorities can VOLUNTARILY self identify. Yes, there is are vague guidelines that encourage hiring diversity. If anything, these policies were designed to make government more representative of demographics. But in NO WAY are there any policies or programs that suggest less qualified minorities should be hired over white males. Have any of you ever worked in government or even been in a government workplace? The bureaucracy is overwhelmingly white male (especially in upper management)...
I haven't worked in government but I have a friend who is a minority and got a job with the feds by submitting his resume at a minority job fair they had in the city. He's making a good $45k a year and is an effing dumbass. I mean he's a really nice guy but he was on the verge of being fired from his previous job and once got fired from investors group after a week cause he was incompetant. The fact is that if he was white he wouldn't be working where he is making as much as he is. So from this one example it appears to me that yeah white males have a harder time getting jobs in the federal government than less skilled minority counterparts. Obviously I know that one particular example doesn't prove anything but I can see where the "myth" comes from. Anticdotal stories are often repeated often enough that a single case can seem like hundreds.