View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 18, 2018, 1:08 AM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryguy View Post
Also, I am confused as to why they decided to shorten it. Maybe they thought it would get approval faster? Which is sad thinking and why downtown is outdated and developments of this kind are one in 5-10 years.
I don't think they shortened it. I attribute the difference in height to someone previously reading the building elevations incorrectly.

Don't worry, guys. When Austin's residential "boom" started downtown, it didn't come with tall ritzy buildings. Many of the first buildings aren't even 200 feet tall, and several of those are very forgettable. Many others were also cancelled, now thankfully, in hindsight.

I see much more of San Antonio's downtown even currently as being more desirable for residential development than certain parts of Austin's downtown. The eastern half of our downtown is plagued by the noise from I-35, party goers on 6th Street and that noise, and a large homeless population thanks to the downtown homeless shelter. I'm sure there are some less desirable areas of downtown San Antonio, but from what I've seen of it, I don't think there's any reason why people wouldn't want to live there.

Thou shall not indict