View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 19, 2018, 8:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micahinsa View Post
Can't quite tell from the renderings, but could it be that this development will somehow incorporate the Earl Abel's building? Sort of swallow it up, kind of like the Canopy is doing with the Esquire?

Anyway, I'm really excited about this. If I had one small gripe it would be that all of this development along and up Broadway is already bordering on a nice-ish area, Alamo Heights etc, so I'm sure something would've been built here eventually anyway. I would like to see them do some development in some other areas where nothing is happening. For example, on the west side of the Pearl, literally once you cross the river on Grayson heading west, it goes downhill really quickly. Would be nice if they could branch out in that direction as well.
Development happens where property is available to develop, preferably in large chunks. That being said, the several acres of Flasher Equipment property, in the exact area you refer to, was sold last year to a residential developer. So you can look forward to that.

And no, the Earl Abel's building is going bye bye