View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 6, 2008, 6:16 PM
The Loyal Opposition

My updated Manitoba riding predictions...

All Winnipeg incumbents win (and every riding has an incumbent), so no change for the city.

As I just said, St.B will be extremely close, but I give it to Simard for the reason that the Lib's support is not as noticeable as that of the Cons. Also, don't underestimate how the slight downturn in the Con's polling numbers also exists in MB's swing ridings.

Further, the Harper/Con's attack on culture and the arts will be more relevant an issue in St.B than any other MB riding (Harper said something to the effect that artists are "like spoiled children" and also generalized them all as being into "expensive gala events"). Is this true? Yeah, in most cases... but you don't say it.

I shouldn't have to point out that one of the key strategies for maintaining Franco-Canadian culture is through the arts, music, etc.

Outside of Winnipeg, the only thing that may change is Churchill, but I'm beginning to think that Tina Keeper will hold on for a win.

To sum it all up, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Manitoba has no changes, whatsoever, int he MPs we send to Ottawa for the next Parliament.