View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 6, 2008, 6:09 PM
The Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags_in_the_peg View Post
the Free Press INSIDERS (which I'm a part of) shows Glover in St. B taking a even furhter lead.

In the swing riding of St. Boniface, where Conservative challenger Shelly Glover has led consistently since the first Insiders poll in early September, incumbent Liberal Ray Simard has now dropped to 26 per cent of decided Insider voters, down 13 points from his 2006 election tally. Glover leads with 57 per cent.
Respectfully, I myself wouldn't put any stock into online polls, even ones where you sign up for membership. It's well known that parties will have their volunteers all sign up, the Cons are notorious for this (organized by "The Blogging Tories"), and one individual may have multiple accounts (going so far as to only log in to each account on separate computers or IP addresses).

Much the same way that whenever there is a CFL poll on cfl.ca or tsn.ca, the Rider's always win it.

I would also argue, to counter any possible point that one may reply with, that to gage the way a riding may swing based on the number of volunteers (or election signs for that matter) is an extremely flimsy gage of public opinion.

I think that the St. B riding will probably feature the narrowest plurality of the Manitoba riding in this election... which is a nice segway into my next post...