View Single Post
Old Posted May 18, 2020, 3:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat314 View Post
Yes it was. To discount that is disingenuous and ahistorical. America was just as much of a slave colony as any place in the Caribbean or Latin America. For much of it's history Cotton was our biggest export and created great wealth for the country that would have not been there otherwise. Wall St. was literally a slave market and much of the funding for factories in the United States and Europe were funded by the proceeds of slavery.
I second this. Immigration just padded the pigs belly. The only other major event that contributed to our strength came after we had already achieved world power status. That was WW2, and it ascended us to a super power.

Btw, immigration to wealthy nations does NOT lower birth rates of sending countries. Indonesia has much less emigrants to wealthy nations as the Philippines and has a much lower fertility rate.

Global population growth will end within 50 years. If the West wishes to prevail, it will learn how to grow sustainably before the rest of the world.

If I’m not mistaken, this nations best times happened outside of periods of mass slavery and immigration. If you mention the 2000’s, I’ll mention 2008.