View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 8:27 PM
Adoptive Chicagoan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via Chicago View Post
i think chicago needs to carve out and articulate its own niche. we have live music, and its SO much better than whats available in these cities. the thing is we're big enough to the degree that basically any national touring band will make a stop without a second thought, and we get a lot of the cool one off/limited engagement things that maybe only land in 3 or 4 places in north america. what we're actually producing however is more difficult to pin down.
What they should do, instead of either doing the splatter-gun, something for everyone approach, or deciding which one area Chicago can sell the hardest, is to have a dozen different marketing campaigns, with each one focused on a niche.

Then you could really sell each niche to the audience(s) that are interested in those niches and compete individually against those other niche markets. You could still do a few broad campaigns showcasing all of Chicago's highlights, but we'd also probably have a better shot at attracting the niche audiences, too.
[/SIZE]