View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 6, 2015, 3:13 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Wilson’s remarks on race target black aldermen, white voters — and raise questions
Posted: 02/05/2015, 04:14pm | TINA SFONDELES, NATASHA KORECKI

Mayoral candidate Willie Wilson weighed in on the volatile issue of race in Chicago politics Thursday — suggesting white people don’t fully understanding how issues affect African-Americans and accusing black aldermen of selling out by supporting the mayor.

“I want to call it like it is,” Wilson told a luncheon crowd of more than 100. “It’s unfortunate that in this kind of era, this time of the year that we have to sell ourselves out.”

But the political novice stumbled himself, appearing to address white people in the crowd at the River North restaurant as “whiteys.”

After calling out African-American aldermen for not supporting his mayoral campaign and for “voting pretty much 100 percent with Mayor Rahm Emanuel,” Wilson told the crowd at the City Club of Chicago luncheon that he’s accepting of all people.

“To the whiteys here, I’m letting you know, I ain’t prejudiced,” he said to some laughs from the crowd.
full article: http://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago-...int-prejudiced

how can someone this unprofessional believe he has a snowball's chance in hell of being the mayor of chicago?

i'd chalk it up to a publicity stunt, but he's apparently dumped 2 million dollars of his own money into his campaign coffers.

that's a pretty damn expensive stunt. surely there's a cheaper way to buy publicity, no?