View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 11, 2007, 9:04 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCzech View Post
I wasn't crazy about the look of Libeskind's original buildings proposals for the WTC, but his last - more realistic - FT design was sharp, in my estimation. I don't doubt he'll come up with an excellent design this time around.
I didn't like that for the WTC site. Elsewhere in Manhattan, maybe, but not there. I really hope this new tower fits in with Mef Life. It would appear on the left side of this rendering, with the other Madison tower showingin the background.

curbed.com

Quote:
Quote from the NY Post
http://www.nypost.com/seven/10112007...mad.htm?page=0

Mad smackdown

ONE Madison Park is the name of a 60-story glass residential tower rising on 23rd street on Madison Square Park.

One Madison Ave. is the address of the tittered-about Daniel Libeskind project planned for the clock-tower building on 24th Street between Park and Madison - across the street from One Madison Park. Huh?

"One Madison [Ave.] is the address. It will be a residential tower, designed by Daniel Libeskind," says Lloyd Kaplan, a spokesperson for Elad Properties, the project's developer.

Kaplan claims never to have heard of One Madison Park (smack!) and stresses that Elad's development is only a preliminary concept. "The tower will be catty-corner from the clock tower," he adds.

Translation: The top of the One Madison Ave. building will be on Park Avenue rather than on Madison Avenue, as others have incorrectly speculated (maybe they were confused by the address?). The location of One Madison Ave.'s tower is good news for the developers of One Madison Park. They, understandably, want to make it clear that their building's views of the clock tower and up Madison Avenue, which One Madison Park faces, won't be obstructed.

As for the name . . .

"We're One Madison Park; they're just One Madison. I don't think it's confusing," says Ira Shapiro of Slazer Enterprises, the firm creating One Madison Park. "The name fits because we look right up Madison Avenue. And everyone always refers to [One Madison] as the clock-tower building." (Smack!)

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.