View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 1, 2007, 4:37 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Frank Gehry 453 ft. Hotel in Lehi will be Utah's new tallest. | PRO

Utah is about to have it's new tallest building. A 453 foot 5-star Hotel in Lehi utah just 30 min south of Salt Lake City.

Here are the details...

Five-star Hotel at 453 feet.

Two condo towers at 250+ feet.

The city of Lehi will have it's own skyline!

Some pics of the project...

Architect Plans for 450 Foot Hotel at the Point of the Mountain
January 31st, 2007 @ 9:58pm

Sam Penrod Reporting

There's a lot of buzz over plans to build a ritzy development at the Point of the Mountain. It's expected to cost billions of dollars. So, who is it who wants to build it? And, is it just a field of dreams?

Most people have not heard of Brandt Andersen. He recently bought the NBA's development team franchise for Utah. Now he is preparing for a bold and ambitious project with the help of an architect who is known around the world.

Brandt Andersen, Developer: "Ladies and gentlemen, the Frank Gehry designed Lehi project."

This is the vision that world renowned architect Frank Gehry has in mind for a five star hotel, convention center and arena, in this property at the Point of the Mountain. It's something that would seem to fit right in, in Hollywood, California, but what about Lehi, Utah?

Brandt Andersen, Developer: "Utah to this point has not been known for its superior architecture and this is an opportunity to change that philosophy."

Brandt Andersen is the 29-year-old software executive who is putting his money and his dreams behind the project.

Brandt Andersen, Developer: "We're specifically focused on retailers and restaurants that will focus on actions sports, technology and healthy living."

He wants the hotel to be 450 feet tall, making it the tallest building in Utah. The rest of the development will be high-end residential condos with retail and restaurant space. Many people are curious of such an expensive development in Utah, specifically Lehi, and ask, just because you build it, will people really come and make it profitable?

Brandt Andersen, Developer: "If our zoning goes through, we will begin construction immediately. This is a project I want to see happen. I'm a resident of Utah County, I'm not going anywhere. I own a basketball team, so I'm not going to disappear, you are going to see me see this thing through."

Andersen filed the paperwork today with Lehi City, to get the zoning changed for his property. Construction could actually begin within a matter of months.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976