View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 16, 2019, 1:28 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

I live in a suburb so it would be the one that I'm in, in Branchburg NJ. Has almost a Alice in Wonderland vibe going on as its hilly, with different flora and trees. A lot of folks renovated their homes, so all the splashes of colors make every block quite unique. Its not like those suburbs where everything looks the same.

Its a mature suburb, with property taxes upwards of 12k a year. Houses that are in the range of 550k-1.2 mil in price, average lot size is about an acre to acre and a half. Folks tend to take care of their homes, with landscaping and no cars parked on the lawn. Its a civilized suburb. No crime, good schools. Our cops are overpaid, and have the latest high tech equipment thanks to taxes. The roads tend to be fixed. Our local shopping is a Wegmons and Shopright (overpriced). Our entertainment are a few parks. Sometimes pedestrian volume on some streets is 1-2 people, if your lucky, you might see 3-4 people. Low traffic, not many people outside. We do have one train station stop, the Raritan line, which goes to Newark Penn.

The negative are the property taxes, but its NJ, its expected.

Although homerism aside, I love Saddle River NJ. If there is one suburb in NJ thats super nice, its Saddle River... likewise with Edgewood NJ. Both are very picturesque, and 4x as expensive as where I reside.

Bergen County (NJ) has some nice suburbs, but prepare to pay! $$$