View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 7:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arts View Post
I don't get what the point would be to connect UofS campus to CBD... UNLESS the UofS and/or Saskatoon Transit was to build a park'n'ride lot somewhere around Preston and College and there was a gondola station there I could see this maybe being feasible for downtown commuters and students alike, if the combined parking and transit fee is less than what it costs to park downtown for the day. It would also make for a good location to put the BRT station for the two intersection lines (but then a BRT line would make this totally redundant and unnecessary).
My thinking of it would be to eliminate the lag time on crossing the bridges during rush hour on a bus. The city could set up many of the routes to stay on one side of the river or the other and have 2 hubs to work from. Using the gondolas to connect the 2 hubs would ensure very reliable and easy connectivity between the 2. If you live in Forest Grove but work downtown you take a bus to the University and hop on a Gondola to get downtown. If you live in Pacific Heights but go to the University you bus to downtown and Gondola yo the University.

The OP mentioned accessing the UofS surplus parking for evening shows at a downtown arena but I don’t think new parking would be necessary to make this feasible. I think the true success would be eliminating the need to have busses traveling over the bridges and getting off schedule due to traffic.