View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 16, 2018, 2:34 AM
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ralph View Post
One more one story building making less than full use of a valuable piece of real estate.
It's an architecturally sound building, and I'm happy to have it in conjunction with the Baydo apartments on the RBC site, and the rumoured Urban Capital project at the top of the Broadway Bridge.

Regardless, even if for whatever reason either of those buildings aren't completed, this one (based on the renderings) will be a valued contribution to the Broadway district. I think it will be a worthy successor to the Farnham Block and the legacy of the Lydia's site, and will turn a healthy and ongoing profit for the developers, owners, and their investors as proposed. From what I understand the developers behind this project are dental surgeons and not professional developers; I commend them for realising that the long-term value added to the property as a higher-end food-retail commercial property sans condo is greater than that as another Impark lot. If only more local developers saw it this way. Or do you think it's better to sit on this property while other developers take action nearby? The project seems to be a quality-finished human-scale building that will be well-used by the community as the well-respected Prairie Sun Brewery's brewpub, bringing a destination business from a (debatably) outlying district to the core. Similar to Christie's and Il Secondo, or Paddock Wood and The Woods, but a better sited new build.

That being said, I have no doubt that either of the other Broadway projects I mentioned will be completed.

Welcome to the forum. You should start a Lloydminster thread

Last edited by phone; Jul 16, 2018 at 2:55 AM.