View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 13, 2007, 4:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantSwan View Post
Recently, this suburban neighborhood has done a fantastic job with an old lumberyard site (in the middle of downtown) redeveloping the land into new condos. They look great, keep the character, and have been planned perfectly around a transit stop with access to Philadelphia. This project was awarded money from the State of NJ in their Transit Oriented Development budget.

NOTE: including new store fronts on the street level and keeping garage entrances off Main St.

Check out this link for details:

http://www.lumberyardcondos.com/index_content.html

Thanks for the post and pic, GiantSwan. Collingswood is my hometown and I'm very excited about the project. Here's a pic of the Lumber Yard from last summer:

Come a long way hat'nit. And to think I used to walk by there every morning on my way to school and see nothing but a weed-strewn field.
It's gonna be really fantastic. On Saturdays between March and October they have an open-air farmer's market next to the PATCO stop which is about a 5 minute walk from the LumberYard. Huge amount of foot traffic. Presently Collingswood's strict zoning regulations are preventing more infill from being built. But that may change in the future. Already there are few or no vacant storefronts.