View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 4:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
I don't think these are strong arguments.

It's subjective, but I think there are proportionally more slum areas in Western Europe than the U.S. Rundown govt. housing is common. And professional jobs in the U.S. usually have similar leave/vacation policies as Europe.

And universities in the U.S. are free/near free to most households too. Elite universities are essentially free if household income is below 150k. If we made universities totally free, Europe-style, it would subsidize the rich.

If the argument is "the poorest Europeans have a better quality of life than the poorest Americans", that's likely true, especially if you're discounting the poorer Mediterranean states.
What the what??
There are huge swaths of cities in the US that are rundown and crime ridden. You don't see that in Western Europe.
What jobs in the US other than teachers have 6 weeks paid vacation? I've never heard/seen that. It's common or mandatory in Europe.

Universities aren't free in the US, what are you talking about. Elite universities aren't free. You have to pay thousands in tuition in the US.