View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 27, 2021, 4:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDaMan View Post
^Landing a professional sports team is generally based on preparation and hope. Who'd of thunk OK would steal an NBA team from Seattle? Portland needs to have a plan to be ready to strike when the pan gets hot!

For the Lloyd Mall, I hope the city helps in a re-imagining the area. A new urban renewal district set up through Prosper Portland to re-energize dozens of inner city acres, close to a possible transit hub, is vital in keeping the inner core healthy.

A closed and abandoned Lloyd Mall would be an utter disaster for inner NE Portland.
This is my biggest fear. Even if the owners allow it to wallow along without any anchor tenants it will eventually turn into a blighted space. Whatever happens, it will take years, or decades, before any plans are realized.

I am beginning to be concerned with the idea of prioritizing a stadium here, too. I believe this to be the best possible site for it, but leaving a big chunk of land in the district (assuming demo of the mall) for something that MIGHT happen is a big risk.