View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 21, 2016, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post
I'm not so sure this will be "the usual" for PMC. This is their first office project, and it sounds like they're trying to make it an attractive place for tenants. Given its at a much more prominent location than either 1900 Arch or 1 Water Street, I I imagine they'd want to step it up for this project. I don't have my hopes up though.
I hope you're right about making it attractive for tenants. This project, with the amount of horizontal space it takes up, would look terrific in the King 0f Prussia area, or Cherry Hill, N.J., or any other type "mall" setting.

BUT, with this prime Philadelphia river side spot, to make an addition on top of the existing structure, well, let's just say, they took it to the extreme.

How? By filling every square inch from end to end, and not leaving a space where the view wouldn't be totally obstructed.
In other words, totally overpower the site and obstructing a very important view. This view is vital for people, (both Philadelphians, and visitors), to see a beautiful center city with outstanding looking skyscrapers, and just the whole city landscape.
Maybe if they re think the design by making the project a twin.
(But from reading Hammer's comments, stating they are limited to elevator capacity in the existing structure.)
There has to be another alternative than this. If they can't afford to put a second or third elevator core in, because it's "too expensive", then that tells me they're looking for the cheapest materials to be used, as well. (I'm already disappointed that this developer has claimed this prime spot.)
With PMC's track record so far, they still strike out as far as design or materials used. Every project they create, just makes them less credible in the "impressive design" department.