View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 22, 2016, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Clearly people are brainwashed that Pallister is somehow going to change the Province in a glorious manner. He's just a guy who is doing nothing but pointing fingers. He's not doing anything. It's like the Americans and Trump. Somehow oh glorious Donald will change America to "make it great again". When in reality, he's a boob who is now back tracking on all his little election comments. Because he never actually put anything of substance together, just throws stones at Clinton. Pallister is not much different, except for all the racist stuff. Just saying "loooook, look NDP."

Pallister will reign in wages and cut all the fat from government. Okay, that's a good start. I'll give him that.
Seriously, what's with everyone being so butthurt by the mere presence of a conservative government.

I don't think anyone think Pallister is going to do much. He never said he would. It would be a major relief to simply stop doing NDP things, which is why he got elected, and which is what you haven't acknowledged in your posts: "looook NDP" is a valid argument when you truly don't want your province to do NDP stuff. Like raise PST, gas tax, property tax, etc..

Even Trump (I'm no trump fan). Everyone who voted for him didn't vote just for his promises or racism. They voted for him because they felt that modern American liberalism and social justice agendas not only ignored them, but talked down to them, lambasted them, insulted them. Simply because they were considered the status quo, and thus offendable/expendable, by mere colour of their skin, nature of their work, and location in America's heartland. Insult to injury, the american rural middle class was dying slowly while being lambasted, etc... That and Hillary was a hilariously bad candidate as well.

They all said: "Hold on, we can still vote on this. And I say we vote for the biggest middle finger we can find".

And they did.

Manitoba simply voted for the biggest non-dipper they could find. Why are we surprised?