View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 20, 2017, 8:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinite101 View Post
I've learned a few details from a source with direct knowledge. On the southern half of the block (which holds CTJ and the adjacent plaza) will go a 35-story office building. From what I understood, the building will be built above the current CTJ building facade, but CTJ itself will be gutted for ground retail. I'm not completely sure if the building will take up the half-block or just the CTJ portion, but the plaza will be demolished. The renderings of the building were described as "really cool", take whatever you will from that.

The building will open up to a park which will be built on the northwestern portion of the block. The parking garage that is currently there will be demolished. Eventually, a residential high-rise with ground retail is planned for the northeastern portion. They want to start within the next 5-6 months.

So basically a 35-story office tower, a park, and a residential high-rise of unknown height.
At 35 floors that is a 7 floors taller than the 28 floor, 400 ft. Google building on Second Street. Rough math makes this 35 floor building around 500 ft. Also the Chase tower across the street is 21 floors, so this will be 14 floors taller than Chase. That's pretty good height change for that block. Obviously we'd all like taller, and may get it with the residential tower, but 35 floors and possibly 500 ft. is a great addition.

Thanks for the info Austinite!