View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 27, 2015, 11:13 PM
Plenary pleasures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
But museums are for rich people! Rahm is bringing too many corporations and rich people to Chicago, what we really need is more people on the dole and more public sector unions. That will clearly address the massive pension time bomb!

Sarcasm aside, I too am embarrassed by the likes of Chuy. A vote for him is a vote for a return to the Daley years of stuffing our fingers in our ears and going "naa naa naa naa can't hear you" whenever we have to confront a problem. Sickening. I read the other day that Chicago could triple the property tax rate and still not be fully funding it's pensions... Chuy won't even broach that topic. Why? Because he's Karen Lewis' b!$%h.

Excellent point. I would love to see Rahm run Chuy through with this the first time gangs and crime comes up in the next debate. "Gangs Chuy? Let's talk about gangs... Starting with your shithead son." Honestly though, clearly he learned to behave that way somewhere. Either he learned to act like that from his parents ( I hope to God that's not the case, I will give Chuy the benefit of the doubt on that point) or he didn't learn it from his parents and learned it because his parents were too absentee or incompetent to prevent it. Either way, if you can't raise a child to not be a shithead gang banger then you certainly have no business running a city of 2.7 million with a rampant gang problem.
I agree with a lot of this.

As an aside, I'm curious to know what kind of relationship Garcia had with Daley, while Da Mayor was in office..