View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 14, 2013, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Townie709 View Post
They should have just proposed one 32 story building! That would have been cool but probably wouldn't have been approved. Two, 60m twins will look great in that area without looking too our of proportion!

I would love to see something built the beat the 80m mark. I agree with posters in the Official Project thread who say the skyline is bland with only 45-50m buildings in the downtown. While the hills cover for it somewhat, we really need some height to add some variety. 60m is a great start for projects outside the downtown, but DT we should be way past 60m by now!
I 100% agree! there does need to be some more height variation. Constantly building at a height downtown of ~40-50m will not only make the skyline seem boring but it will also be wasting valuable land , which has great potential for taller buildings!. I think something in between the 70-85m range would be an excellent start to achieving a nicer skyline. At least then there won't be as much of a flat roof effect.

In other words I really like this development! Hopefully this will make developers more aware that they can get away with something a little bit higher!Hopefully this is the start of not having a fear to height

By the way spring is just around the corner! which means that there may and hopefully be some new proposals coming up!!