View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 13, 2012, 9:03 PM
North End Troublemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
How about the Canada Post building being turned into Police HQ, the city council specifically said to spend no more than $2.9 million on the engineering report and low and behold unelected civic staff dismiss what they have been directed to do and spend close to $5 million on the report. The question is who told them to do this?
How about a City Councillor who actually says or does anything. Though I dislike the ideals of many of the councillors, at least they fight for their area (see: Justin Swandel, Russ Wyatt or Jenny Gerbasi). On the other hand, Devi Sharma goes through 14 meetings this year and has spoken on 8 topics (Community Centre Renovation Grant, 2013/14 Financial Plan, Building Permits provisions, Waterpark Gate, School Zone Speed Limits, Land Aquisition Audits, Firehall Gate, Peguis Extension West).

It's hard to bring a Councillor to task for their actions when they haven't in fact done anything. She's also next to impossible to get any sort of reply from, but she does have an office on Lelia Avenue, so I think I might swing by some time.