View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 5, 2007, 4:47 AM

It's a San Antonio Housing Authority (SAHA) Property called the W.C. White Apartments. It's been there since the mid 70's, as a pretty bland, white box of a building that was exclusively a 'senior' development. (for senior citizens). By the late 90's it had really showed its age, and wasn't up to code anymore (no sprinklers, etc) and there was asbestos I believe. It sat empty from about 98/99 till now. SAHA always had the intent to remodel it, but as always, lacked the funds. Guess they were able to tuck enough cash aside to finally fix it up. I know from their publications that it is soon to rejoin the public housing stock, now that renovations are almost complete. I don't know if it will be a senior development exclusively, or some mix of family and senior development. The info wasn't that specific.

If someone wants to track down more info for it, I'd start off at www.saha.org - then go to publications and start wading through all the info there for date built, height, etc.
"We marched five leagues over a fine country with broad plains, the most beautiful in all of New Spain. We camped on the banks of an arroyo. This I called San Antonio de Padua, because we reached it on the day of his festival." - General Domingo Teran de los Rios, June 13, 1691, in a letter to the King of Spain on the occasion of the founding of San Antonio.