View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 6, 2019, 3:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
My wife and I started having kids in the first half of our 30s, and most definitely noticed in the years just before that the social milieu were in in our mid-20s was starting to recede rather quickly by the time the 30s were getting closer and closer.
My wife and I are 31 (no kids just yet) and we have definitely noticed the same thing. There seem to be phases of your life when making friends is very easy. College and your very early professional life are one of those times. In those years and the years that followed friends were very plentiful and I saw them frequently. Many of them I still consider very dear friends but our lives might have taken us in slightly different directions so you end up seeing them less often.

My parents often talk about how once they had kids they found it very ease to make friends and grow your social network again. They've mentioned this independently of any lamenting on my part about a weakening social network.

I've also felt an urge over the last few years to shore up some of my family relationships, siblings, parents, aunts and uncles, cousins etc.