View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 18, 2006, 8:35 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21bl0wed View Post
This is SA are you a native? If so you'll know nothing "great" will become of this in terms of height. And to be honest I really only care about a good looking skyline. Because thats what outsiders first think when they think of a city most of the time. Is a certain peice of architecture or a skyline. There is a lot to be proved hopefully this turns into something nice. But with the way the "important people" are talking ie. gov't authorities and developers are talking, i don't see anything tall coming out of this.

And last time I checked the url of this website is forum.skyscraperpage.com I could careless about the next big retailer or big box store or 8 story building being built. I care about skyscrapers, and density and having a tall kick ass downtown skyline. And trust me, i wouldn't move to miami or lv for that. I'd move to chicago. SA needs to keep up with the jones'. And it's hard for certain "locals" (who are most likely actually transplants to believe that) We are behind the times. Just compare austin to us. Don't be bias.

What have any developers said about River North? To date, nothing.

You care about density. My friend, this will be insanely dense, insanely. And when I said move to Miami or Las Vegas, I mean in terms of how many skyscrapers they're building. If you want that, go.

Look, I am at the extreme opposite pendulum of you. I could care less about how high ones skyline is. Why? Because you can't experience a skyline, you can only see it. You experience what's at street level. If there are multiple high-rises in River North, fantastic. If there isn't and its 10-15 story build after 10-15 story building that's even better. Skyscrapers doesn't make a city, it only defines its downtown look. That's it.

People who visit a downtown don’t go: “Man, it sure sucked on the street but boy those tall buildings made it worth being there.”