View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 4, 2015, 4:27 PM
you know where I'll be

^ No, it even gets much more weird than you portray. He also has a commercial based on the reopening of Miegs Field. He's in at least some - possibly many - ways the most 'republican', ie liberal - economically, ie libertarian, ie laissez-faire forever, ie Randian (for all you guys on here that are tragically still seduced by these laughable, nonsense 'ideas', throwing this in here for you so that you realize if that's your ideology, than Dr. Wilson's the guy for you!.........in addition - special bonus to all of you guys who identify with - or think yourself - that a large part - or all - of the proverbial 'American Dream' is about picking yourself up by the bootstraps, starting a business or two or three and becoming rich!! - this is also for you) in the field. Seemingly very wealthy and self-funded as well (not exclusively, but mostly also out of the Republican playbook). And, it's not just that he has only a seventh grade education, but moreso the actual appearance of Dr. Wilson only having a seventh grade education. I mean, I realize CPS has long been a national embarrassment and all (CORRECTION: Dr. Wilson received his formal education in Louisiana, but that begs the question: What's the real difference between a CPS education and one obtained in the Deep South?), but to read some of his answers to candidate questionnaires, watch the forums/debates - including reading accounts of them - and watching his tv commercials, you'd actually be forgiven for being surprised to the upside that he indeed has a seventh grade education (you might assume he stopped going to school long before then). Who do you think his constituency really is? How do you decipher his views and actual motivation here.

And, Chicago being Chicago, perhaps as always the most important question:

Cui bono?

I don't overlook the likelihood that in the end it is Rahm, but the most immediate obvious answer is: "all the other candidates do!"

Last edited by SamInTheLoop; Feb 6, 2015 at 3:12 PM. Reason: Corrected to reflect Wilson grew up and went to school in his native Louisiana