View Single Post
Old Posted May 27, 2015, 3:08 PM

Popping back in after a little time away. Still buried under research for SMOKETOWN and the day job and still trying to get through this thread, but wanted to share a couple pics:

L1070662.JPG by Matt Maxwell, on Flickr
Not technically Los Angeles, but the Valley. Still, beautiful neon and sixties design probably most famous now for use as a setting in TRUE ROMANCE.

L1070622.JPG by Matt Maxwell, on Flickr
Toluca Lake, CA, home of the original Bob's Big Boy, where I ate many times during my time as an animator (once saw Laura San Giacomo two tables away) though honestly I preferred Mo's, which was just up the street. But you can't argue with classic design.

More at the following photoset on Flickr, but it's not all LA. Some points further south, including the giant tombstone hangars of the Tustin air base:

SoCal 2013 photoset by me.

Should note that there's some photos in this set taken at a friend's studio space in the brewery building (which is now artists lofts and the like) that's been featured here. If it's of vinyl toys or motorcycle helmets, car parts or pinball machines, it's taken at his place.